Three Musketeers: Zachary, Wyatt, & Yannick

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers>

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

California Residents

It's official... we really do live here now. And now we are legal. We have the car tags and the drivers licenses to prove it. Unfortunately, our licenses are so horrible looking that I refuse to immortalize them by taking a picture of them. If you want to see how terrible they look, then you can just ask to see it next time we are together. Also sad that I had to add 5 pounds to the weight that was listed when I got my IL license just 4 years ago. Working on losing 6 pounds. Not working hard mind you, but working. :)
Here's our proof...it still feels odd to be living in California. California. A state I never ever wanted to move to. In fact, I recall when we moved to Evanston and my dad lamented how far away it was from ATL, I recounted with "at least it's not California". :) Me and my big mouth.


New plates on RedCar, as Zachary used to call it, and OurGo, as Yannick calls it.

And for the record, they DMV was super nice to us and did not charge us a fee for getting our registration so late after we moved here, NOR for being expired tags.  We were able to use a bit of a loophole because I am a stay-at-home mom, and the car title is in my name only. She asked the question "what date did you start working or receive your license in CA", and since I do not have an outside job, the only date to put was the date I received my license, that day, April 23rd...so no fee!

It should also be noted that the next time I have to renew my license, if it is here in CA, I might want to actually study for the exam. First timers are allowed to miss 6, and I missed 5. Renewals are only allowed to miss 3 to pass. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home