Three Musketeers: Zachary, Wyatt, & Yannick

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers>

Friday, July 27, 2012

Boys' Bedtime

Once, many months ago when the big boys were complaining that it is not fair that they have to go to bed and the adults get to stay up, Art uttered a phrase that became set in stone " one day we will let you put yourselves to bed and mommy and I will go to bed; you can stay up and play".  Today was that day.  Crazy yes.

After the VBS performance we came home got the boys ready for bed, and played for a bit.  Yannick went to bed a bit before 9am, which was plenty late for him.  Then Art played computer games with the big boys while I worked at catching up on the blog, until 9:30.  Then Art and I went to bed and gave Z&W instructions on turning off the lights and getting into bed quietly when they were ready (so as not to wake their little brother).  After being in bed for about 5-10 minutes, I decided I would like to have the monitor on downstairs in case one of them fell asleep on the floor or couch then woke up scared in the night.  As I walked downstairs, they were playing with their sticker books.  They both were telling me that they might go to bed soon. Z: "I'm pretty tired, we'll probably go to bed soon", W: "I've yawned like 3 or 4 times, so I'm pretty tired too".  So funny.  Then Zach mentioned that it was very strange, and not all that good to be up when his parents were in bed.  He asked "Is DaU already fast asleep?"  Neither of them was thrilled with being up when we were in bed, which was very funny to me.  Perhaps they won't ask again!   They came to bed not too long after I went back up to bed.  So funny!  I was not thrilled with this little experiment, but it turned out great really.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home