Three Musketeers: Zachary, Wyatt, & Yannick

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers>

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Time with my Mom

July 2& 3, 2013

Yesterday, afternoon, after the botanical garden, I got to spend some time with my Mom.  First we went to the goodwill to buy clothes needed for Zachary, and I picked up a few things for myself while I was there!  Mom got the boys each a stuffed animal that they loved.  Mom also found a pair of shoes for herself.  We were there for quite a while, and got quite a haul!  When we went shopping at goodwill in Cupertino, we did not find any shorts, nor athletic pants for Zachary, but we hit the gold mine at this one!  We had a good time looking at stuff and picking it out.  I found a pair of shoes for Poppi but strangely he was not interested:

Hmmmm.  I am not sure why.  They were his size and everything. :)


Then we went out to dinner - an old favorite - IHOP.  We both decided to try something different.  I got a fruit, yogurt, granola thing, which was not as good as my first instinct of french toast!  Still, it's good to branch out. :)  

We had to book it to make it home in time to put the little guys to bed.  Nana wanted to be able to read to them before putting them to bed.

Then I went on a nice walk with Faye, which is always enjoyable for the exercise AND the company.

On Wednesday, I got some more time in with my mom.  It was just nasty pouring outside when we left, but luckily it cleared up.  We went to the Peachtree Corners YMCA for a quick work out.  We had been planning on going in the morning, but I did not even get out of bed until about 11am.  I had been talking with Stephanie M, about the bad news that Art gave me on Monday - that our landlord wants to sell our house!!  So by the time she finished her stuff, and I got some breakfast, it was getting pretty late.   By the time we finally left, I was running out of time to get back and shower, so we just did a quick 30-45min time at the Y.  Plus I did not want to overdo it for tomorrow's Peachtree Road Race!  Mom took me back to Leisure dr so I could get ready for my "date" with Stephanie H.  It is always so so nice to get together with her!  We went to a restaurant/pub/tavern place that she liked.  We originally ordered food with french fries until we saw the people next to us.  They ordered kettle chips appetizer, that looked so so good - then let us try it!  We promptly changed our order to salad instead of fries w/ our entree and added the kettle chip appetizer!  SO SO SO delish!  It was chips covered with a mix of gorganzola, diced tomatoes, pesto, and something else.  Like a clever take on brushetta. So yum.  I am drooling just thinking about it.  We sat and chatted and chatted, and just had a good time catching up.  Then we walked aroudn a bit to see if we wanted dessert (nah), and went back to her house, where I sat around a chatted a bit longer with her and Brian.  I even got a quick peek at their boys, who look so so different without their curls!  Poor kid - got chased by the girls in his class so they could touch his curly hair, so he asked to be buzzed.  :(  I finally had to leave to make sure I got home in plenty of time to sleep before the race.    Staci and Creed had arrived and were preparing for bed, as was my surprise bed mate Joy. :)  I am staying in her bed, so it should not have been a shock that she would come "home" to spend the night before such an early race. Sadly, we slept terribly.  Joy kept worrying about how miserable we would all be in the rain, and we both got too hot, because I , in a fit of irritation at the squeaky fan, turned it down to the lowest setting.  Joy, not wanting to irritate me further, never turned it back up.  And that ended my July 3rd.

I digressed though, from the point of the post that it was great to have some extra time with my Mom. Part-time work has at least one benefit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home