Three Musketeers: Zachary, Wyatt, & Yannick

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers>

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

"Mess of Pillows" is the new "Fort"

Zachary used to get so excited when I was going to leave the house for a meeting/outing/etc.  Why?  Because he got to build FORTS with DaU.  Well, now, Forts are SO 2009.  Zachary is now very into building a Mess of Pillows.  This is a horrifying concoction of not only every pillow in the house, but also both Zach's and Wyatt's mattresses from their beds.  MY WORD!  What a colossial mess!!  There are two rules (instituted by Mommy) concerning Mess of Pillows nee Forts: 1) Mommy must NOT be home to witness the craziness, and 2) The ensuing mess MUST be cleaned up before I get home.  I once got a call at 8:15pm (past bedtime!) when I was at Target to make sure that I wasn't on the way home yet, b/c they were still playing and had not yet cleaned it all up.

Mess of Pillows basically means that the pillows and mattresses in the house get piled up in the front room as "safety devices" and "climbing walls".  Then the boys jump off of the climbing walls onto the safety devices.  Yikes.  I can't stand to watch for fear of broken necks.

Here's what Art caught on film for me one night:

Zachary, posed atop a couch pillow (climbing wall) that is leaning against the circle chair


Zachary mid-air, aiming for the soccer ball floor pillow (safety device) atop the mattress from Wyatt's crib.  Sheesh.  Check out that hair!


Hard landing.  Not hard enough to prevent doing it again...and again...and again.

I am so relieved that I am spared the horror of watching these crazy boy shenanigans!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Mangrich said...

I love it! so cute! and i like the 2 rules as well :) great pictures.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home