Three Musketeers: Zachary, Wyatt, & Yannick

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers>

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

'Visiting Zachy

Zach's school allows you to come "help out" during lunchtime, so I took the opportunity the first moment I was able to - the second day of school.  My friend Stephanie M kept Wyatt so I could go (w/ Yannick) to have lunch with Zach.  Kindergartners at King Lab eat lunch at....wait for it...10:30am.  Yikes!  But I guess he eats breakfast around 6:45-7am.  Still, a bit early.  They do that so that they kindergartners are the only ones in the lunch room.  Then first graders eat at 11am.  I'm not sure which grade starts sharing with other grades, 2nd I guess.  It was a super fun thing to do, and Zach was so excited to see me, which of course made my day!  I helped other students with opening cheese sticks and juice boxes, etc, but mostly tried to hang out with Zachary who was sitting with his old friend David, and his new friend Eli (who is also his locker buddy).  I do miss him at lunch time, but it was fun to see him in his new setting.

After lunch, they get to go outside for recess.  I stayed as long as I could watching him.  Here he is, playing and loving it:

Zach is in the middle in the red


I was saddened by one little boy, talking to another little boy.  One boy was sitting on the bench because he did not feel like playing, and another boy came up to him and started chatting.  The sitting boy never said anything really, b/c the other boy was very busy talking "I hate kindergarten.  I miss my mom and my dad.  There are way too many people, and it's very loud.  I have a glue stick in my pocket and no one even knows"  Saddy.  I am glad that Zachary is not like that, and that he appears to really like kindergarten, but I'm sad for that other boy.

Yes, a little teary again when I had to leave him on the playground to go pick up Wyatt.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home