Three Musketeers: Zachary, Wyatt, & Yannick

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers>

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pool Day!

This year we have definitely gotten our money's worth out of our pool passes.  Devonshire has been the best for me, because I can stand in the shade with Yannick and watch both Zachary at the diving board (YES, I said DIVING BOARD!!) and Wyatt in the pool at the same time.  It is totally manageable for me with the 3 boys.  Much easier than Oakton, which is so big, and the big boys have interests in different areas of the pool.

Earlier this summer, I had a total total shock.  Zachary has been talking for YEARS about wanting to go off the diving board.  It has not been too long since he has been swimming with no floaties, so I did not expect him to be ready this summer.  He has talked it up quite a bit.  So earlier this summer, I let him take the swim test, which is where a life guard watches him swim the long length of the pool w/out touching (25m I guess).  He did that with no problem, and then was determined that he would go off the diving board.  I never ever ever believe  it would happen.  Had I even suspected he would do it, I would have waited until evening so Art could go with us and see it.  I like for Art to be there for as many "firsts" as possible since he misses so much by being at work.  Needless to say, I was simply SHOCKED that he went off.  He did it 3 times before going back to the big pool where the water was "much warmer".  I was not at all prepared for him to do that - no camera, no phone, no way to capture the magic!

Today, I still had no camera, but at least I had my phone to capture a few shots.  Here are my happy boys at the pool.

Wyatt hanging out with Spiderman in the shallow end

Zachary preparing to go off the board

There he goes, my tiny 5yr old, going off the diving board

Such a shock really!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home