Three Musketeers: Zachary, Wyatt, & Yannick

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers>

Saturday, October 25, 2008

October 22: Boys Big Day






When we go, we like to go BIG. Ok, that was lame...but what I mean is, when we decide to make a change, we make sure it's a big one. Sigh. So today we had a trip to Target and I managed to survive Zach's mantra like repetition of "Cars aisle again" and "Poppi get that" (when we wanted a car and I said "No, I'm not going to get that for you". Between the coma-inducing rants, I managed to make a big purchase....a potty for Zach. Yes, it begins. The long road to potty training. More sighs. Zach was thrilled. We had been talking about it, and I showed him the options and we talked about what he would rather do - sit on mommy & dahu's potty, or sit on his own. After much deliberation, we purchased one that would sit as it's own, then later convert to one that we put on our toilet. Zachary was very excited about it. That first day he sat on it many times (with no results), and the second day a few times, and nothing at all the next day. But, we've started the process. We went (read: walked the less than a mile) to the library this week. Zach checked out about 15 books about cars, and the librarian also located "Once Upon a Potty" for me. We have read that a few times, but Zach doesn't really care about Joshua going "wee wee and poo poo". He is MUCH more interested in his books about buses, dump trucks, race cars, trains, etc. I realize it is a slow process, and honestly I'm not all that motivated to get him started, but I am making it available, and we'll start really working on it.

So that takes care of one boy. What about Wyatt? Well he also had a very big day. After much searching on Craigslist.com, Freecycle.net, yard sales, and the thrift store, we were never able to find a baby seat for Wyatt. I wanted something where we could put him while we were eating that would entertain him and also something that would work for us to feed him in until our highchair arrives at Thanksgiving. I ended up getting a seat that looks/acts like the popular Bumbo seat but also has a detachable activity ring. So that package arrived on Tuesday. Zach and I put it together right away, though he was sad that I wouldn't let him sit in it. Wyatt seems to enjoy it. HOWEVER, this is not really his BIG DAY; it is merely the prelude. Wyatt, today, drum roll please, started rice cereal! Yea Wyatt - the first step to being independent. Alas, he was not really thrilled with the whole thing. His second night was better, his third night was awful, and tonight he was indifferent. He seemed to be like "well, Mom, if you WANT me to eat this stuff I will, but can't we do something else instead". Sigh again. The plus side is that he IS sleeping longer. The first night was no different, and I was so upset when he awoke at 3am (after only 7 hours of sleep for him) to nurse. The next two nights were better - a record breaking 9hrs and 45 minutes, then 9 hours. We're getting there. Technically "sleeping through the night" by pediatrician standards, but when that 7,8,9 hours starts at 8pm, then that's not really getting it done for me. I'm aiming for that 11, 12 hours. pretty please.

So there you go, one day, two big changes for both my boys.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

I can NOT believe how big the boys are! It makes me so sad at how much time has passed. I may have to put Illinois on my summer trip list from now on - I have cousins, now friends, and possibly a brother-in-law there now! A friend has a chair just like Wyatt and she loves it! Congrats on both potty training and big boy food! :)

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home