Three Musketeers: Zachary, Wyatt, & Yannick

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers>

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Nana Visit - last day

Sunday.  A nice relaxing day.  Art and I got to sleep in which is always lovely!  After breakfast Art decreed it was time for Z and W to finish their Tower of Babel project.  They had been working on the tower for a few days, and parts of it were scattered everywhere.  Their goal was to have it touch the ceiling, but had given up on it for awhile.  This morning was THE morning for it to happen.


Art posing with Zachary and Yannick

The two creators - this is also the picture we used to send to Lego Club Jr. magazine, hoping to get in.


DaU.  Why none with Mommy, who helped considerably with the base??  Probably because I had not yet showered!

Art trying to balance it while it touches the ceiling

And finally my artsy looking up from floor to ceiling picture.  Which I think is cool.  And it's my blog so I can have it on there if I want.

And finally a close-up of the base (my contribution), and the guys that guard the tower.
Those are some serious guards!

The day was pretty relaxed after that.  The kids went to the playground with Art and Nana while I made lunch, but that wasn't so great because the boys only wanted DaU to do stuff for them, and not nana, who had been their great buddy all week.  Kids.  Sigh!

After lunch, Nana caught Yannick in a cute place, reading books

Doesn't everyone read Sammy the Seal in an emptied out toy box?


Such a funny little guy.

During naptime Mom and I made yet another run to Michael's for another frame (big frame sale, today is last day!), then off to get our nails done.  Mom only wanted the manicure, but i opted for the special, $25 for a mani-pedi.

The pedicure was heavenly - I think I have convinced Mom to do it next time.  A sea salt scrub, a hot stone massage, a spa massage chair.  Can't be beat!  Plus the lady was so awesome.  I smudged my thumb getting my cash tip out, and she fixed it, THEN, mom accidentally stepped on my toe as we were leaving, killing my nail polish on that toe, and she fixed that too!  So great!

By then it was nearly time for church.  Art got picked up by the Dowlings, and I drove mom and the boys.  She did not get to hear our usual pastor, but did get to see him.  We spent some time on the church playground and headed home for dinner.  After dinner and a game of Sequence for Kids, it was time for the kiddos to go to bed and me to take Nana back to the airport.  Too quickly!












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home