Three Musketeers: Zachary, Wyatt, & Yannick

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers>

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Superhero Nails

Today I painted my nails blue.  Wyatt thought this looked very cool.  After thinking it over, he asked if I would paint his nails too.  He said "they look like superhero nails".  I explained to him that usually just girls paint their nails to look pretty but if he liked it, then I would do it for him too.  He then calmly explained to me that many of the superheros have colored nails.  Hulk's nails are green, Torch's nails are red, and that he wasn't sure but he thought that Thing's nails were probably yellow.  I could not argue with that.  So I painted them.  Then texted a picture of them to the family.  Art called me in about 3 seconds saying "Do we need to talk??" :)

Wyatt and Mommy's blue fingernails

While not socially acceptable, Wyatt thought it looked very tough and was quite proud of his nails.  I have to admit that it caught me off guard every time I saw them.  Later that day, when Zachary got home from school, Wyatt proudly showed off his "superhero nails".  I was expecting Z to laugh at W, but instead I heard "Cool!!  Mom can I have red??" Sadly (or luckily?) I did not have any red polish, and Zachary lost interest.

[editor's note] A few days later, after I had taken all the polish off, he wanted me to paint just his index fingernails blue.  He said "that's because that is where the electricity is shot out".  Again, I obliged.  Perhaps I won't when he's 10, but he's 3.  I never thought my life would involve me painting my child's fingernails.  I thought I lost out on that when we had all boys, but there you go, I still got that life experience! :)


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home